Port of Rauma in Short
The Port of Rauma is the largest general port on the Finnish west coast measured in transport volumes, and it is continually expanding. In 2016, it was the 4th largest general port in Finland in terms of transport volumes, with a total of 5.6 million tonnes.
Rauma is the 3rd largest container port in Finland, and it handles over 70 % of all containers transported through the ports on the Finnish west coast from Turku to Tornio. It is also the leading port for forest industry products like paper, pulp and sawn goods. The crane fleet is excellently suited for container, break bulk, general cargo and dry & liquid bulk cargo operations. The port handles major amounts of Ro-Ro, Lo-Lo and Sto-Ro traffic.
Good road connections and the versatile crane capacity makes Rauma an ideal port especially for project shipments. The port can provide lifting capacity up to 200-ton loads, which means high & heavy loads are widely handled at the port. Rauma is an active a gateway to the world as there are over 20 weekly departures to Europe, the U.S. and Far East.
Port of Rauma Ltd is in charge of the construction and maintenance of port infrastructure, land lease and port security arrangements among other duties. The goods are mainly handled by the leading port operator Euroports Rauma and other operators whose contact information can be found at the business directory of the port.
In 2016-17 there are large investments going on at the port. Rauma channel will be deepened to the maximum authorised draught of 12 meters, which will allow larger vessel to enter the port and lead into much better transport efficiency. At the same time the container terminal will be extended, which will almost double the capacity of the container terminal and significantly improve the operational efficiency.
Many reasons to choose the port of Rauma
- Attractive unit price
- High frequency and possibility to take advantage of return shipments
- Crane capacity of up to 200 tons
- Simultaneous deck cargo handling and ro-ro loading thanks to mobile cranes
- Excellent possibilities for handling of project cargo
- Worldwide container shipment connections
- Efficient twin-lift spreaders for container operation
- America reached in just 11 days
- Goods are moved quickly out of the port
- Short transport times to Satakunta (southwest Finland), Pirkanmaa (central Finland), Ostrobothnia and elsewhere in southern Finland
- Good rail and road connections
- Low cost of facilities