Moving in the port
The safety induction of the port of Rauma provides comprehensive instructions for safe moving and working in the port area. By following the instructions, you can improve your own safety and that of others. Please revise the instructions on a regular basis.
- Follow traffic rules.
- Observe your environment.
- Avoid walking in the port area.
- Do not walk while talking on your mobile.
- Beware of level crossings and railway lines.
- Operators of work machines may not be able to see you – always give way!
- Report any risks and incidents you detect to the Main Gate Info, tel. +358 (0)44 793 4700.
- In an emergency:
call 112 and
the Main Gate Info, tel. +358 (0)44 793 4700.
- Obey speed limits: max. speed on Hakunintie Road 40 km/h, in container terminal 20 km/h, in other areas 30 km/h.
- Do not drive or walk outside indicated routes, which are also marked in the port area map.
- When moving from one part of the port to another, the traffic routes in the background areas should be primarily used instead of quay areas, unless specifically necessary for the performance of work duties.
- The work areas between loading or unloading ships and the warehouses are reserved exclusively for stevedoring activities and all other traffic is forbidden in these areas.
- Exercise special care near doors and door openings as well as at the corners of buildings.
- Unnecessary moving in unloading and loading areas is forbidden.
- Check the weight of the load from the documents. If you suspect the weight is too large, weigh the load on the weighbridge of the Port of Rauma at the Main Gate (pay the weighbridge charge in the Main Gate control room) and contact your client.
- Clean your vehicle and trailer before driving to the port area. Sort trash and waste into appropriate waste containers. The driver is responsible for the use of a locking device or wedges in the loading areas. Vehicle repairs are not permitted in the port area.